Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Spring CSA Adventure!

First - you may ask - What is a CSA? It's Community Supported Agriculture. At the beginning of the season, you buy in a share and then over the harvesting (about 8-12wks depending on your CSA) you get about a bushel a week of what is harvested.

I decided we were going to try one this Spring and whatever was in the box, we would use. Well Here's my box: Collards, Kale, Scallions, Sweet Potatoes, Butternut Squash & Broccoli Rabe. So I have NEVER eaten all of that except Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli Rabe. So I am going to attempt some new things. With my Kale I will make a Tuscan soup, my Broccoli Rabe a pasta dish and my Collards - something southern. I will post my recipes and let you know how I liked them.

Hopefully this will inspire you to challenge your tastebuds and support your local farmer as well. :) Welcome to Spring my little maters!

No comments:

Post a Comment