Sunday, May 19, 2013

CSA Recipe #7 - Super Goldilocks Green Smoothie and under 300 calories!

I have been trying to figure out how to make a low cal healthy smoothie that isn't fruit overload because of the sugar content in the fruit. I am not big on super sugary smoothies and juices.  So I had some veggies from my CSA this week and thought - let me try this...

So I took the below, blended it all together and it came out pretty good!  Not too sweet and super filling!  Not too sweet, not too savory - Just right!




This recipe will make 2 servings - according to "Loseit.com" - 1 serving is 187 calories.

Ingredients (layer in your blender in this order):
2C Kale (or other leafy green)
1/2 cucumber - peeled and chunked
2T flax seed meal
1 granny smith apple - peeled and chuncked
2C water
(at this point cover and puree for 1-2minutes)
then add in:
1/2 banana chunked
1/2 C fresh pineapple chunks
1/2 avocado
blend again for 2minutes

You may want to add 2-3 ice cubes if you like it thicker.




I have read you can pre-make smoothies by leaving out the ice cubes, putting these in mason jars with 1T of lemon juice on top.  Close, shake and stick in the fridge.  I am going to try this this week and will let you know if it works.

Enjoy a dairy free raw food breakfast or snack!


No comments:

Post a Comment