Sunday, November 18, 2012

UPDATE! Blue Diamond Garlic Mashed Potatoes!

So I have been working on this since I posted it last year. I believe that I have PERFECTED the mashed potato - if I do say so myself (insert smirk here). In fact, I served them to my Dad, a self proclaimed mashed potato expert, with my 1st attempt at beef burgundy. He was still talking about them the next day. And thus I present the piece du resistance, the new and improved Blue Diamond Garlic Mashed Taters!

Ingredients:
1 - 5lb bag of yukon gold potatoes
2 - 1lb bags of frozen cauliflower florets
2 sticks of REAL butter (or 1 package of Kerrygold Butter)
8 C water (or enough to cover the potatoes & cauliflower)
1/4C "Better than Bouillon" Chicken bouillon
1 container Allouett garlic and herb (I use light - it makes me feel better since I am using so much butter but that's just a head game I play with myself - you can use the whole fat version)
S&P

You're gonna need a BIG pot - go find the one you use for a shrimp boil or chili party and use this. Wash and quarter the potatoes and put them in the pot.
Then dump in the cauliflower
cover with water and then add the chicken bouillon
Bring to a boil and boil about 45mins until everything can easily have a fork go through it.
Drain and put veggies back in the pot.
cut up the butter and put in the pot, add in the Allouett. Mash up everything until well mixed and creamy. S&P to taste.

You will think THESE ARE AWESOME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment