Thursday, May 10, 2012

1st Place Winner - Italian Sausage & Peppers!

Woo hoo!!! I'm so excited to share that I won our office crockpot cookoff!

It was my Italian Sausage & Peppers that I modified from my Aunt's recipe for the crockpot. I checked & I realized it wasn't even posted on here. Shame on me! Sorry there is no picture but it's all gone & I've has several requests for the recipe today.

Italian Sausage & Peppers - Blue Ribbon Style!

1/4C olive oil
2lbs Mild Italian Sausage (the links), cut into bite sized pieces
2 bags of tri-color peppers & onions – these are in the freezer section
½ a jar of mild banana peppers
2 large cans crushed tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
2 HEAPPING teaspoons of minced ---garlic from the jar
1teaspoon Italian seasoning

Put the crockpot on low. Add in the oil and then the sausages. Then the peppers, crushed tomatoes, paste, garlic, spices. I stir it together a little but you don’t have to.
Cover the pot and cook for 8-10 hours. My aunt makes it in the oven so I figured it out from her for the crockpot so I could cook it and go to work.

You can serve this over pasta or by itself with Italian bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment