Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lemon Cakey-Cookies

Lemon Cakey Cookie

1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup margarine melted but cooled (you don't want to cook the eggs)
1 tsp lemon extract
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration



Preheat oven to 375 degreesPour cake mix into a large bowl.  Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet and then sift or sprinkle powdered sugar on top.  Bake for 6minutes but watch them b/c they can burn.  The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.



These are super good – very light and fluffy.  You can sub in lemon juice or zest for the lemon extract – I had a hard time finding that and went to three stores to find it – one place it was like $4 and I thought HELL TO THE NO!  So – found it at Kroger & store brand.

Darren liked these so much he ate about 4 when I wasn't looking...I will probably have to make another batch if I want to hand them out as part of my Christmas cookie gift packs....

A very easy yummy cakey-cookie find!

No comments:

Post a Comment