Friday, August 24, 2012

Thoughts of expansion for This Singing Tomato

Hello Fellow Tomatoes!

For many generations on my Italian side the woman of my family have made all kinds of tomato products.  So I have my recipes for sauces and other tomato oriented dishes from all my peeps.  Several friends have asked that I make and sell some of these products.

The first ones I was thinking of producing were my Tomato Sauce and possibly my healthier version of Bolognese sauce.  The sauces would be made and then frozen - which is a little different than what most are used to - like the jars at the grocery.  I like freezing because it preserves the freshness.  So initially it would only be available here in Nashville.

So I guess I am asking all of you readers your thoughts?  Would you be interested?  Would you order?  Would you care if it was organic or not?  Please send me thoughts via email or on facebook.  I welcome your thoughts before I embark on this endeavor.


2 comments:

  1. Since I'm one of your Nashville peeps, frozen sauce sounds good to me. Healthy versions are always appreciated, as is organic, but organic is not a strict necessity for me. I will order as long as you don't tell anyone that I didn't make the sauce myself. ; - } Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shari! That's one customer. I am thinking it's a Sunday sauce kinda day. I won't tell anyone - shhhhhh. :)

    ReplyDelete