Monday, February 27, 2012

Latin Black Beans and Brown Rice Confetti



I was looking for a side dish to have one night with a my Latin Grilled Chicken recipe.  I looked in the fridge and the pantry to see what I had and the below was the result.  My thought is cumin is the most fabulous spice EVER made!  I love it in everything Latin flavored that I make.  If you start with Cumin, Olive Oil and Garlic – you can't go wrong.

This is so good you can use it as a side, as a main dish with some cheese on it, as a filling for a burrito – LOVE this stuff and I hope you will too.

Black Bean and Brown Rice Confetti

2C cooked brown rice
1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes (with onions and peppers) – drained
1 can of black beans – drained and rinsed
½ T cumin
1/4t garlic powder
1/4t onion powder
salt & pepper



Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish and toss together until well mixed.  Then put under the broiler in the oven for about 5 minutes.  Then stir and fluff and put back under the broiler for another 5minutes.  Keep doing this for until a lot of the moisture is dried up.  Serve next to chicken or any other latin dish.



I LOVE THIS STUFF!  It is way better than the frozen entree versions and way healthier.  Another Clean Eating recipe, just be sure to read your labels to make sure it's "Clean Eating friendly" if that's what you're doing, that can be a side or a great lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment