Monday, March 5, 2012

Latin Grilled (or baked) Chicken


Darren was having a steak and I really am not a steak eater - I know HOW CAN THAT BE?!  It is what it is and I was feeling spicy so I came up with this Latin Chicken recipe - super easy and YUMMY FAB!  AND clean eating friendly!  (If you want more than one just double, triple or how ever many the recipe)

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1T olive oil
1/4C white wine (I used a Portuguese white slightly fizzy wine - which also is a nice pairing for this dish)
1/2 T cumin
1 heaping t  minced garlic 
the juice of ½ lime
Salt and pepper to taste

Place all in a bowl and stir.  Cover and marinate at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator



You can put this either on the grill (which is how I did it – actually Darren grilled because GADS! I can't grill) until there's no pink in the middle.  

If you don't grill, like me, and you don't have someone who can grill it for you, you can also bake this.  Pour everything in the bowl in a pyrex dish and bake in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.



Serve this with the Black Beans and Brown Rice Confetti (recipe coming soon!)– YUMMY!!!  


PS - I doubled the marinate and marinated some chicken kabobs in the marinate and that was on Saturday and it's Monday and Darren is still talking about how much he loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment