Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hey Y'all!  I am a firm believer that yes there is "Crockpot Season", starting around September and ending around April.  However, as a nouveaux southerner, I am always trying to find ways to use my crockpot out of season so my house doesn't get hot in the summer from using the stove and oven.  I have discovered what I think is a great clean eating chicken chili.  It's a white chili that is lighter than its beefy and red sauce counterpart.

Also, I am doing the beans from dry beans for the first time along with this new recipe I found.  I was kind of hesitant thinking making beans "the old fashioned way" was going to be a chore - but trust me it is not.  Rinse and drain.  The soak in 6Cups water over night in a pot.  If you put it together right before you go to bed - they are ready to go in the morning when you wake up.  Just like if you opened a can to throw them into the crock pot.

Anyway - if this chicken chili comes out good - I will post it.  I came in from shopping and the house smelled SOOOO GOOOOOD and we still have 3hrs to go.

Stay tuned my little tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment